Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wipe Out


Yeah... so I totally wiped out today in front of all my students. And this wasn't just a little slip, and catch yourself. Oh no... this was absolute, feet went one way, I was suspended in midair for about 2 seconds, and then, splat, right on the sidewalk. After the initial shock, I picked myself up - only to see that the kids were right inside the door, staring wide eyed and open-mouthed.
"Are you okay?" they asked with concern.

"Yeah, did you just see me totally wipe out?"

"uh... no."

I knew it was a lie, but I was grateful for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know why you never got dancing lesson.

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

You should be grateful they lied!! LOL....My old middle school students would have pointed and laughed mercilessly.

See...you need ugly practical shoes like mine ;)